Eastern Europe

Poland:

The number of overseas overnight trips taken by Polish residents in 2018 was 13.0 million, 48.3% of which (6.3 million) were made by air.  (Source: Globaldata)

Malta’s market share of total air trips from Poland is 1.5%. With a share of 3.7% (2018) Poland is the 6th largest inbound market for Malta generating 96,362 tourists. Holidaymakers account for 86.7% of inbound tourists from this market, 4.7% visit friends and relatives whilst 3.9% come for business purposes. 4.7% of Polish tourists visit Malta to learn the English language.  Poland accounts for 5.2% out of total English language students. (2018)  (Source: NSO)

Hungary:

The number of overseas overnight trips taken by Hungarian residents in 2018 was 7.6 million, 30.4% of which (2.3 million) were made by air.  (Source: Globaldata)

Malta’s market share of total air trips from Hungary is 1.2%. Hungary accounts for 1.1% of total inbound tourists to Malta, generating 28,294 tourists.  2.3% of Hungarian tourists visit Malta to learn the English language. Hungary accounts for 0.8% out of total English language students. (2018)  (Source: NSO)

Romania:

The number of overseas overnight trips taken by Romanian residents in 2018 was 1.1 million, 36.4% of which (406,690) were made by air.  (Source: Globaldata)

Malta’s market share of total air trips from Romania is 8.0%. Romania’s share of total inbound tourists to Malta is 1.3%, generating 32,709 tourists (2018).  (Source: NSO)

Czech Republic

The number of overseas overnight trips taken by Czech residents in 2018 was 7.5 million, 29.7% of which (2.2 million) were made by air.  (Source: Globaldata)

Malta’s market share of total air trips from the Czech Republic is 1.0%. The share of Czech Republic of total inbound tourists to Malta is 0.9%, generating 22,872 tourists (2018).  (Source: NSO)

Contacts:

Poland

WORKIN
2 Senatorska Str
00-075 Warsaw
Poland

Ms. Emilia Kubik

T: 00 48 501 744 347
E: emilia@travel-advance.com

 

Hungary

Malta Tourism Office
Maltai Idegenforgalmi Hivatal
Csalogany u. 6-10. IV/172
H-1015 Budapest
Hungary

Ms. Edina Hangya

T: 00 36 1 225 88 16
E: edina.hangya@visitmalta.hu

 

Czech Republic & Slovakia

Travel Advance s.r.o.
Vodickova 20
11000 Prague 1
Czech Republic

Ms. Kristyna Gottwaldova

T: 00 420 223 010 664
E: kristyna@travel-advance.com