The Malta Tourism Authority STAR Awards
The STAR Service Awards are an important initiative through which the Malta Tourism Authority is able to give public recognition to all those who work directly or indirectly in the tourism industry. The process is completely tourist-driven and as an incentive for tourists to participate the MTA offers a free holiday back to Malta to one lucky winner.
For full details on the nomination process please view the Frequently Asked Questions.
Establishments interested in participating in the STAR Service Awards may collect STAR nomination forms free of charge from the MTA Head Office in Valletta. Nomination forms - may also be delivered directly to establishments. Kindly contact the Quality & HR Development Unit for more details.
STAR Service Awards 2016
The 12th edition of the STAR Awards took place at the Radisson St. Julian's Hotel on the 23rd February 2017.
During the event, 7 nominees received a STAR Award, consisting of a glass trophy, a certificate and a monetary gift. These were:
- Mr Ridha Ben Moussa, Front office Manager, Salini Resort Hotel
- Ms Patricia Flores Martin, Tourist Guide
- Mr Warren Galea, Falconer, Malta Falconry Centre
- Ms Natalene Smith, Sales Representative, Supreme Travel
- Mr Mark Dove, Boatman, Paradise Diving and Water Sports
- Mr Martin Hall, Diving Instructor, Neptunes Diving Centre
The Hotel Worker of the Year for 2016 was awarded to Ms Doreen Bonnici from the Pergola Hotel & Spa.