STAR Service Awards
The STAR Service Awards are an important initiative through which the Malta Tourism Authority is able to give public recognition to all those who work directly or indirectly in the tourism industry.
Establishments interested in participating in the STAR Service Awards may collect STAR nomination forms free of charge from the MTA Head Office in Valletta. Nomination forms may also be delivered directly to establishments. Kindly contact the Quality & HR Development Unit for more details.
STAR Service Awards 2015
The STAR scheme for 2015 began on the 1st January 2015 and all nominations received till the 31st December 2015 are automatically included in the scheme. STAR winners of the 2013 and 2014 editions will not be eligible for the 2015 awards. For the complete rules of the STAR Awards 2014 please view the Frequently Asked Questions.
STAR Service Awards 2014
The 10th edition of the STAR Awards was held on the 17th March 2014 at the Corinthia Hotel St. Julian’s. 10 STARS were awarded for excellence in service, while all the finalists received recognition. This was the result of approximately 7,000 nominations received from tourists during 2014. The 10 STARs, winners among hundreds of people nominated, each received a certificate, an glass memento and an €800 cash prize, whilst runners-up received a certificate and a €150 cash prize.
The winners of the STAR Awards for 2014 are:
1. Charlie Bonanno – Boatman, ‘Charlie’s Discovery Speed Boat Trips
2. Jose Carrillo – Diving Instructor, Paradise Diving Centre
3. Paul Vella – Coach/Minibus Driver, SilverStar Garage
4. Michael Pace – Taxi Driver
5. Victor Aquilina – Chef, Ta’ Victor Restaurant
6. John Bamber – Receptionist, Alexandra Hotel
7. Alfred Bray – Restaurant Supervisor
8. Miriam Mercieca – Tourist Guide
9. Louis Cristiano – Custodian, Santa Caterina Chapel
10. John Paul Galea – Sales Representative, Captain Morgan Cruises