Quality Assured Seal For DMCs
The Quality Assured seal for Destination Management Companies (DMCs) is a voluntary scheme run by the Malta Tourism Authority that recognises DMCs committed to high levels of quality, consistency and professionalism.
The scheme was officially launched on the 3rd September 2008 and the first award ceremony took place in January 2009. There are currently 20 Quality Assured DMCs - please click here for details.
Quality Assured DMCs must comply with a detailed set of criteria in order to obtain and retain the quality seal. The requirements cover several different areas including:
- Number of MICE events/delegates handled per year
- Financial stability
- Public liability insurance
- Insurance coverage of suppliers
- Recommendations by previous clients
- Recommendations by local suppliers
- Membership with recognised associations
- Staff training
- Deadlines to acknowledge requests and send proposals
- Availability of staff 24 hours a day during events
The criteria are assessed by means of a quality audit and successful applicants are entitled to a number of advantageous benefits during the two-year certification period.
For more information on the scheme kindly contact the Quality Development Unit on 22915272/3 or firstname.lastname@example.org or view some Frequently Asked Questions.
Quality seal resources and downloads