The following are replies to a Request for Clarifications made with respect to the Call for Proposals for the Development of Web Portal for Conventions Malta.
•“100 high quality images of venues in Malta and Gozo to be provided by supplier as specified by the Malta Tourism Authority”
Does this refer to the supplier taking professional photos of 100 different venues? It seems clear enough, but we just wanted to confirm.
No, this means that the supplier will have to take professional photos of venues and/or other sites, as indicated by the Malta Tourism Authority (MTA). For example, if MTA request photos of 30 different venues, the supplier will need to deliver 100 photos covering the 30 venues.
•Accurately reflect brand (guidelines provided)
With reference to the above specified tender, can you kindly provide us with the Authority's branding guidelines for better evaluation of the effort required?
We cannot find the branding guidelines and Conventions Malta logo in the document. Can you kindly guide us as to where we can find these?
Can you please provide us with your brand guidelines so that we can take them into consideration in the design to be proposed? Or at least your logo?
We are attaching the official logo and fonts.
Click here to view logo
Click here to view fonts
•Drive growth through integration with the most popular CRM systems
This may be a very important part of the project but very little information is provided. Which CRM system must the portal integrate with and what sort of integration facilities will be required?
This is an essential part of the project, especially in the long term. We believe that the portal should be easily integrated with CRM systems like Hubspot, Salesforce.com and Oracle CRM, just to name a few. Eventually, we aim to automate our marketing and advertising and develop target email marketing which will be governed by the database within the CRM.
•Costs associated with travel in the eventuality of face to face meetings.
We are to assume that all face to face meetings will happen in Malta. Kindly confirm.
This clause only applies to any foreign companies that may be interested in the project.
What are your payment terms?
Payment will be made according to the following schedule:
Design & Development Charges (Item 1 in the Bill of Quantities)
• 30% on award
• 40% on delivery of portal
• 30% after final testing and acceptance
Licenses, Maintenance & Support Fees and Hosting Fees (Items 2, 3 and 4 in the Bill of Quantities) will be paid annually.
Regarding 3.2.1 - In the Specifications, you have mentioned, 100 high quality images of venues in Malta and Gozo to be provided by supplier as specified by the Malta Tourism Authority. So as part of the tender, you want us to supply the services of a photographer to go in the venues requested and take photography? If yes, are the 100 images each of different venues? If not, how many venues do you think you would need to be photographed?
Yes, the supplier is expected to provide 100 professional photos of venues and/or other sites, as indicated by the Malta Tourism Authority (MTA). For example, if MTA requests photos of 30 different venues, the supplier will need to deliver a total of 100 photos covering the 30 venues.
Call for Quotations for Tourism Attitudinal Survey for St.Paul’s Bay, Call for Quotations for Tourism Attitudinal Survey for Pembroke Gardens.
- Please clarify whether this is a quotation or a tender. As per procurement rules quotations are under € 6,000 while tenders are in the region of € 6,000 to € 120,000. As specified in the documentation of the call, this is a call for quotation.
- Please provide us with your budgeted costs in this respect. The Contracting Authority is not authorised to issue the budget for this call for quotation
- With respect to Clause 7 under 7.1 B (ii) (2) we appreciate if you can clearly define social scientist. Does it refer to lawyers? The project leader must be in possession of a degree that related to the study of human society, a particular area of study that relates to human behaviour and society.
- Within the terms of reference under 4.2 it is specifically mentioned that data collection methodology shall be based on computer assisted interviewing. To our understanding this implies that interviewers shall be equipped with digital equipment such as tablets. Will such equipment be provided by the MTA? All necessary equipment to carry out the surveys shall be provided by the bidder.
1. In the section entitled Selection and Award Requirements (7.1), one of the skills required from both the team leader and the statistician is the submission of titles of relevant reports, scholarly articles, dissertation. What is meant by scholarly articles? Bidders may submit titles of any academic, intellectual or educational articles which the key experts might have written.
2. The team leader must have a relevant post graduate degree in social sciences. Does an MSc in Forensic Psychology fit into this requirement? The project leader must be in possession of a degree that related to the study of human society, a particular area of study that relates to human behaviour and society.
3. Is there a budget for this project? The Contracting Authority is not authorised to issue the budget for this call for quotation.
Request for quotation supply & Delivery of One Lifeguard Tower to MTA stores Pembroke.
MTA/890/2015 DATACENTRE CO-LOCATION
Amendment in Datacentre Co-Location Tender Document.
Clarification regarding ISO27001 (Information Security Management).
Co-location providers require to have data Centres ISO 27001 Certification and/or adhere to Government of Malta Policy GMICT P 0016 ver 3 - Information Security Policy. The Evaluation committee reserves the right to audit the prospective bidder prior to taking its final decision.
Ref MTA/878/2015 Concessions for the Hiring of umbrellas and deckchairs at Blue Lagoon and Sta. Marija Bay (Comino)
1) Instructions to Tenderers Cl.2.7.1 Third Party Liability
The correct amount is two hundred and fifty thousand euro (€250,000.-)
2) Permit to be issued to Successful Tenderer
The Permit, when issued, will be adjusted to reflect the number of deckchairs as specified in Cl 2.8 ‘Designated Areas’.
3) Map Description - LOT 3 Bay ‘Blue Lagoon’ Area ‘OUTCROP’ Deckchairs ‘80’ Minimum Bid Eur29440.-)
IT IS anticipated for the same area as utilised last year (Summer 2014) and is now being called “OUTCROP”. ALL of the actual areas are expected to be delineated on site by the Contracting Authority.
4) Financial Offer – Tenderers Particulars – License Number and Validity
For the purpose of this Tender, the last available Police/Trade License will be acceptable with the Bid, but the Contracting Authority cannot guarantee that this ‘old’ or indeed any needed permits will/or will not be issued by the relevant Authority/ies.
Ref MTA/878/2015 Concessions for the Hiring of umbrellas and deckchairs at Blue Lagoon and Sta. Marija Bay (Comino)
1) Form of Tender Cl.2
The service can be effected between May and October, both months included and in the 3 years – 2015-2016-2017
2) Bank Guarantee
The correct amount is that of euro ten thousand (€10,000.-)
3) Instructions to Tenderers Cl.2.3.3 Enquiries Regarding Tender Document
A written acknowledgment of this email will be forwarded
4) Instructions to Tenderers Cl.2.8.1 Designated Areas –LOT 2 Bay ‘Blue Lagoon’ Area ‘BEACH’ Deckchairs ‘70’ Minimum Bid Eur25760.-)
Yes, it is anticipated that some encroachment to cater for the established seventy (70) deckchairs would need to be effected on the incline (path) directly behind the sandy area. The actual areas are expected to be delineated on site by the Contracting Authority.
MTA/876/2015 TENDER FOR UNLOADING AND SPREADING OF SAND AT ST. GEORGE’S BAY AND BUGIBBA PERCHED BEACH
Prospective bidders to please note San Gorg beach layout plan.
San Gorg Layout Plan 2- Model
MTA/877/2015 Offer for General Cleaning Services as outlined in the tender document, reference number.
Financial offer services 2.
Circ04_2015 Amendment to Circular 27_2014
Circ27_2014 New Regulations Regarding the Award of Services Contracts Within the Public Administration.
Prospective bidders are to note :
1) Contracts circular No.27/2014 dated 23rd December 2014 and Contracts circular No.04/2015 of 5th February 2015
2) Also that “Volume 4 – Financial offer” of the tender document is to be replaced with the one being forwarded with this clarification
Call for Quotations for the Provision, Delivery and Installation of an All-Inclusive Playing Equipment at Pembroke Gardens
As published in the Government Gazette of 24th March 2015, the closing date / time of this call is on Thursday 16th April 2015 at 10:00 hrs
MTA 875 Clarification
Reference is made to the RfP for leasing of premises for Office Space. Can you kindly clarify the following please:
- Given that no information in relation to nos of managerial offices, meetings/boardrooms etc has been provided, it is assumed that in the case of open plan office spaces, MTA will undertake the internal partitioning itself. Kindly confirm that understanding is correct?
- With reference to layouts, schematics etc, the RfP is requesting as built drawings. In the case of premises that are currently being finalised, the layouts and schematics that will be provided in the bid will obviously not be ‘as built’ but the ones currently being utilised in the works. Kindly confirm that it is acceptable that as built drawings can be submitted upon completion of the works and at handing over stage of the premises to the Contracting Authority in accordance with RfP allowance to submit relevant documentation once premises are completed in the case of premises not yet finished?
Current Layout Plans and Working Drawings are acceptable at this stage.
- With reference to the kitchenette requirement, the RfP states in various instances, that the premises must be equipped with kitchenette points (water, drain and electricity) in each floor in
case of a multi-level building. If the office space being offered is located on a single floor, does MTA require only one kitchenette or more please?
One kitchenette is acceptable. The MTA will decide later if to increase anymore once a detailed layout is prepared.
MTA 869 FOR THE PROVISION OF LIFEGUARD SERVICES FOR SUMMER 2015 AT GHADIRA BAY (MELLIEHA)
MTA 870 FOR THE PROVISION OF LIFEGUARD SERVICES FOR SUMMER 2015 AT PERCHED BEACH, QAWRA POINT AND GOLDEN BAY.
MTA/868/2015. REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR THE SHIPMENT OF SAND FROM AQABA, JORDAN TO VALLETTA, MALTA
Interested parties are to note that the closing date of this RfP has been extended by one week.
New closing date / time for proposals will now be on Tuesday 24th February at 10:00 hrs CET
CFQ - for the Data Collection of surveys in relation to Pembroke Gardens & St. Paul’s Bay Promenade
1. What is the total duration of the project?
As per brief the total duration of the project is 72 hours. Data collection needs to be carried out over one calendar year as specified in the brief.
2. Please confirm that only one data collector needs to be present at any given time for the 72 hours per year allocated to each site.
The Authority has specified its objectives clearly enough in the brief. It will then be the Contractor’s prerogative to see if one or more employees are needed to carry out the specified duties.
3. The winning bidder is expected to start work within 48 hours of notification of the award. By when are you expected the winning bidder to be announced? Will there be a meeting prior to the start of the project?
Winning bidder will be announced when the evaluation committee recommends the award of the CFQ to the cheapest technically compliant bidder.
As per the brief “Explanation / Clarification notes – no.3” No site visit will be carried out but the contractors are urged to visit the site before submitting their quote.
4. How many surveyors are expected on each site?
The Authority does not specify a minimum number of surveyors. Note that this is a call for quotations capped at euro 6,000 excluding VAT.
5. Who will bury the cost of printing interview sheets?
6. Are the questions already set? If no, is the awarded bidder expected to design the questionnaire?
The questionnaire will be prepared by the Contracting Authority.
CLARIFICATION / AMENDMENT
Tenders – MTA/859/2014 and MTA/860/2014
Cl 6.1.2 (Selection Criteria) change from:
Evidence of relevant experience in carrying out services of a similar nature over the past 1 year including the nature and value, as well as contracts in hand and contractually committed.
The minimum value of projects of a similar nature completed shall be not less than €40,000.00 per annum for each project.
The minimum number of projects of a similar scope/nature completed in the last one  year must be at least two  in number.
Evidence of relevant experience in carrying out services of a similar nature over the past 6 years including the nature and value, as well as contracts in hand and contractually committed.
The minimum value of projects of a similar nature completed shall be not less than €5000.00 per annum for each project.
The minimum number of projects of a similar scope/nature completed in the last six (6) years must be at least two  in number.
Additionally please note change in closing date of both tenders which will now be
10:00 hrs on TUESDAY 01.04.2014
CFQ – Tourism Zone Website - Download
Is there a maximum budget for this project?
As indicated in Clause 5 of the Call for Quotations, the budget for this project is €2,500.
We would like to know what web technologies does your or MITA hosting server support (eg. PHP, MySQL, .NET, ASP etc..) should you opt to take up hosting services other than our our own.
We wish to inform you that MTA/MITA can host both PHP and ASP.Net environments. We also host MY SQL and MS SQL Server Database Technologies.
Is it necessary to submit a technical proposal with the financial offer?
Answer 1: The requirements of the proposal are outlined in the Call for Quotations document. In particular, please refer to Clauses 3 ‘Specifications and Conditions’, 3.1 ‘Selection Criteria’ and 3.2 ‘Services and Deliverables’. Bidders should provide a sufficiently detailed proposal to demonstrate how the various services and deliverables requested will be addressed.
Is it necessary to attach a portfolio of the company demonstrating experience?
Answer 2: The requirements of the proposal are outlined in the Call for Quotations document. In particular, please refer to Clause 3.1 ‘Selection Criteria’ . Relevant background information about the company and its experience in similar projects should be included.
MTA/852/2013 - Corporate Health Plan
Prospective bidders are to note that the claims records grid supplied in the Authority’s tender shows the claims experienced by the MTA without the cover of preventive treatment.
The preventive treatment included in the present tender is a new inclusion and to repeat, no claims records could be supplied for this item since it was not included previously.
Prospective bidders to note the following filled out grid :
Deadline for request for any additional information from the Contracting Authority
27th September 2013
Last date on which additional information are issued by the Contracting Authority
2nd October 2013
Deadline for submission of tenders /
Tender Opening Session
(unless otherwise modified in terms of Clause 11.3)
8th October 2013
* All times Central European Time (CET)
MTA/849/2013 - Supplies Tender for the Provision and Installation of Benches at tal-Maqluba Area Limits of Qrendi and Near il-Kapella tal- Maddalena, limits of Dingli.
Reference is made to the site meeting that was held on the 4th June 2013, near St. Matthew’s Chapel (Tal-Maqluba) Qrendi. The minutes of the meeting including issues raised therein are as follows:
Hereunder, please find a set of clarifications, which are construed to form an integral part of the Tender Document.
A general overview of works to be carried out in relation to the above mentioned tender was given by the Architect in charge representing the Contracting Authority. Detailed information was given regarding the works related to the method of fixing of the benches components and it was noted that the method of fixing between these components must be invisible. The Contracting Authority stressed the point that interested bidders must submit drawings together with their bid, highlighting the preferred method of fixation.
During this site visit the following questions where raised:
1. Is there any maintenance included in this tender?
Yes, a 5 years maintenance period must be included with the price submitted.
2. The provision of plants must be included in the quoted price?
Yes, Provision of plants within the built-in planters where applicable must also be included in the submitted price.
3. What shall be done where the street is not level?
All modifications must be included in quoted price. Bidders are required to include in their offer, a provision for casting in place a level plinth made up of the same exposed-aggregate concrete out of which the bench will be made of. Benches are not to be installed at an incline.