Meetings Incentives Conferences & Exhibitions (MICE)
The role of the Malta Tourism Authority’s MICE marketing team is that of promoting Malta as a destination for conference and incentive groups.
The MTA works to increase MICE visitors to Malta by:
- Liaising with the MTA’s overseas offices and General Sales Agents (GSAs)
- Scheduling and co-ordinating MTA advertising and media campaigns.
- Organising and co-ordinating joint-marketing initiatives with the local trade.
- Meeting with local as well as foreign stakeholders.
- Hosting potential buyers on familiarisation visits.
- Hosting journalists on educational trips so as to promote the Maltese Islands as a MICE destination.
- Providing support to local associations, which are bringing / bidding for international conferences and / or meetings to Malta.
- Developing the local MICE sector and improving Malta’s MICE offer by working closely with the local travel trade.
- Co-ordinating Malta’s presence at international MICE fairs, such as IMEX, EIBTM, Confex and EMIF.
- Organising workshops, sales calls and meetings with international Professional Conference Organisers, buyers, corporations, etc.
These initiatives are all aimed at raising awareness about Malta’s MICE offer and bringing MICE business to the Maltese Islands. The MTA also monitors international market trends to identify opportunities, which could help Malta gain more business from this sector.
The MTA also runs a Quality Assurance Seal for local Destination Management Companies, so as to recognise those DMCs which have a proven commitment towards quality and high standards in this sector.
Click here to download MICE video.