Role of Industry HR Development Unit
Committed to developing people in tourism. How?
- Promote a service culture within the industry thereby raising service standards
- Responsible for the development of national human resources to meet the tourism industry’s needs
- Build a strong liaison with employment, education and training institutions on actions required for the industry
- Implement EU-funded projects related to human resource development as outlined in the Tourism Plan
This unit contributes to develop the Human Element in the tourism industry by instilling enthusiasm, leadership and innovation required for a sustainable and motivated industry.
Current projects are under taken in two main areas
1. Tourism Employment & Education
‘L’-Impjegati’ – Tourism Career Awareness DVD;
‘Choice’ – Tourism Career Awareness Programme;
Tourism In-Service Programme for Guidance Teachers;
Career Promotion Stands and Publications;
2. Tourism Training & HR Development
Customer Service Excellence Training Programme;
ESF 2.11 – Developing Leaders for Change and Innovation in Tourism;
Tourism Competence Guidelines;
Seminars and events amongst other projects.
Manager: Mr John Magri