Corinthia Hotel St George's Bay - Highlights of our green practices
Both Management and Staff at the Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay strongly believe in Eco-friendliness and will endeavour to take necessary actions and create activities in order to seek continual improvement in this area.
We believe in sustaining, and also rehabilitating, the environment to the benefit of those visiting Malta, our population and our descendants.
This belief is being communicated amongst all employees where our activities serve not only in-house but also educationally to be spurred into the relevant families.
Conservation of resources and usage of environmentally being products are of importance on our agenda and we shall seek business partnerships on the local scene on the basis of co-operation in eco-friendliness.
Our future depends entirely on being successful in protecting and re-habilitating our environment where both physical and financial health is affected.
The Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay will continue to develop or introduce:
- An environmental committee within the Hotel.
- Low energy light bulbs where appropriate within the landscaping, pool areas and also within guest rooms and floor corridors.
- Replacing PAR38 80 Watts bulbs with LEDs 14Watts.
- An agreement is in process with Philips Company to replace all MR16 35Watt Halogen with GU10 5Watt LEDs for all Corinthia properties in Malta. (as it was done in Budapest Hotel)
- Individual water regulators in guest rooms in order to minimise water consumption.
- Use of photo voltaic cell to switch the outside lights on/off whenever necessary.
- Water irrigation done late evening and early morning to reduce vapour.
- UV filter film fixed to the Hotel’s Lobby, main Restaurant and Grill 3301 restaurant windows in order to reduce the UV heat effect, therefore, minimising on cooling expenses.
- Encourage guests to re-use towels and bed linen is changed on demand.
- Installed new electronic controlled AC thermostats and 3 way valves for all the public areas and restaurants thus reducing the chiller working hours.
- A photovoltaic/water heating system is now installed utilizing the roof space.
- Electronic dimming system for lobby ceiling lights and lobby bar.
- A better waste separation system with the use of the carton compactor.